SOUND LIBRARIES – END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Single-User License
- Multi-User License
- Custom License
- License agreement for users of Sound Libraries purchased through AFTERTOUCH AUDIO (www.aftertouchaudio.com) (as “Licensor”).
- This end-user license agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into between you, a single user natural person (the “Licensee”), who has purchased one or more sound effect libraries through the creator of these sound effect libraries (the “Licensor”). For multi-user licenses, please use the form below.
- This Agreement covers one or more sound libraries purchased by the Licensee via the Licensor which appears from the invoice that the Licensee receives following the purchase (the “Sound Libraries”).
- The Licensor is the creator of the Sound Libraries stated as such on the Licensor’s website and listed on the invoice which the Licensee receives following the purchase.
- By accepting this EULA the Licensee agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set out in this EULA.
- Grant of License
In consideration for the purchase of the Sound Libraries the Licensor grants the Licensee a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free license to use the sounds in the Sound Libraries (“Sounds”) on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
- Rights Granted
The license granted in this agreement allows the Licensee to:
A. Install and use the Sound Libraries on one workstation at a time, although the Licensee is permitted to make and keep backup copies of the Sound Libraries on other storage devices, and
B. Distribute and publicly perform reproductions of the Sounds, where these are incorporated in and synchronized with other media productions, which shall mean products that contains at least one additional media element to the Sounds (music, voice, image, etc.), including but not limited to radio and television broadcasts, film, music compositions, web sites, podcasts, mobile apps, advertising, multi-media presentations, video games and similar.
The Licensee is not permitted to distribute or perform reproductions of the Sounds where these are not incorporated in and synchronized with other media productions, including but not limited to in toys, product design, greeting cards, ringtones, applications such as soundboards, hardware devices, media authoring tools etc. To the furthest extension permitted by law, the Licensee is prohibited from adapting, modifying or repackaging any Sounds, except as permitted in Clause 2.
- Intellectual property rights
All rights to the Sound Libraries and the Sounds herein are owned by the Licensor and other than the license rights granted in this Agreement all rights in the Sounds and Sound Effect Libraries remain the property of the Licensor. The Licensee must not claim ownership or authorship of the Sounds or the Sound Libraries.
The Licensee’s right to use the Sound Libraries will automatically terminate in the event of any breach by the Licensee of the terms of this Agreement. In the event of termination, the Licensee shall delete or destroy all copies of the Sound Libraries which the Licensee has produced.
The Licensee shall indemnify Licensor from, and against any and all claims, demands, suits, awards, damages, suits, injuries, liabilities and all reasonable expenses, including attorney’s fees incurred by the Licensor with respect to any matter that arises as a result of the Licensee’s breach of this Agreement.
Licensor shall not be liable for any damages or for any loss of business or business profits, business interruption, or any other direct or indirect loss resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any of Licensor’s Sounds.
To the furthest extension permitted by law, the Licensee must not assign, license, sublicense, sell or otherwise assign the Sounds to any third party, except as set out in Clause 2.B.
- Applicable Law
This Agreement is governed by the law of British Columbia.
The standard sound library license here on AFTERTOUCH AUDIO is for 1 user, but if you need more users/seats, multi-user licensing is available. Request a multi-user license – here.
All sound libraries distributed by AFTERTOUCH AUDIO are sold under license. By purchasing this sound library under the multi-user license, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Other than the right to have additional users/seats, the multi-user license is the same as the single-user license.
- Sound libraries can be installed on one workstation for each license purchased or on a server accessible by each user.
- Aftertouch Audio will create a custom license to fit an exact usage need. For example, a custom license could give permission to use Aftertouch Audio recordings in projects where they are not incorporated in and synchronized with other media productions..